Not all ladies want to trudge from bar to bar sporting a feathered boa and tiara that screams bride. If you are not a party girl like me and are looking for some alternative Hen night activities check out the below!
1. Outdoor Merrymaking - Glamping! For the outdoorsy woman who loves to camp, hike, bike, kayak and be outdoors, this is for you. Power-down and retreat with a few ladies to the Catskill or Pocono mountains. Blue Hill Farms in Narrowsburg offers a picturesque secluded location with some modern amenities for a quiet weekend away.
2. Spa Retreat – Pamper yourselves and your ladies with a spa day. Whether it is in your home or at a local spa, indulge in mani/pedi, facials and massages. The Lodge at Woodlock offers an all-inclusive tranquil and cleansing setting for your girls get-away. Here they offer a multitude of activities such as fitness classes, aquatics, culinary exploration and sports as well as an array of spa treatments.
3. Artist Gathering – Get artistic with your ladies and plan a private art party! Treat your ladies to a lesson in painting, pottery or sculpting! At the end of the night they will have a great keepsake.
4. Ski Weekend – Living in the metro area we are so close to many different mountains. Jet away for a weekend on the slopes and cozy up in the rustic lodges. After a day of skiing end your night in front of the fireplace with a hot toddy.
5. Thrill-Seekers Bash- Just a mere 3 hours from the city is a thrill-seekers paradise. Stay directly across the street from Six Flags Great Escape at the Great Escape Lodge and enjoy the indoor water park. Challenge your ladies to step out of their comfort zone with white-water rafting down the Sacandaga River or rock-climbing at the aerial adventure park! Perfect for the adrenaline junkie.