*Dresses shown above: 1) Vera Wang 2) Houghton 3) Rivini 4) Nicole Miller 5) Houghton 6) Monique Lhuillier 7) Vera Wang 8) Theia 9) Reem Acra 10) Jenny Packham 11) Kenneth Pool 12) Alberta Feretti 13) Theia 14) Monique Lhuillier 15) Reem Acra 16) Jenny Packham 17) Monique Lhuillier 18) Alberta Feretti
I am a sucker for all Fashion Weeks, but Bridal Fashion Weeks definitely hold a more special place in my heart. It’s truly a breathtaking, exquisite, and just plain lovely sight to behold. And this year’s Spring 2015 show did not disappoint. Designers sent so much style and flair down the runway and set off cool new trends that are sure to show up in many weddings ahead. Of all the trends I saw, here are my favorites below:
1) Off-The-Shoulder: This romantic look ruled the runway this season showing itself in shows such as Monique Lhuiller, Jenny Packham, and Marchesa. If you want to highlight your gorgeous “décolletage” this is the perfect gown for you.
2) Illusion Backs: This sexy, come-hither look allows the bride to look just as fabulous in the back as in the front. In my opinion, some of the best wedding gowns with illusion backs this season came from Kenneth Pool.
3) Plunging V-Necks: In seasons past the trend may have been the backless dress, but this year it’s all about the deep V. Designers took advantage of this look to give gowns a more old-Hollywood glam or Grecian goddess feel. The gowns in numbers 7 and 12 of the inspiration board certainly do the look justice.
4) Non-Traditional Colors: While designers in seasons past may have given us lines of boldly colored gowns, this year they are keeping it light and airy by just giving us a hint of hue that might even be missed if glancing too quickly. Monique Lhuillier gave us beautiful robin egg blue dresses, while Christos kept it pretty in pink with light blush gowns.
5) ‘90s Minimalist: Out of all the trends, this might be my favorite. These amazing gowns that could double as a slip dress owned the runway this season, offering the perfect amounts of slinky, sultry, and even grungey. With an easy dress, easy hair, and natural makeup, brides can look as beautiful and effortless as can be for their big day. My favorite take on the trend is Vera Wang’s in number 7 above.
6) Crop Tops: The edgy, fashion-forward brides have a lot to stumble over this season as crop tops are in full swing but on and off the wedding runway. As my second favorite trend this year, the best crop top and full skirt looks in my opinion come from Houghton, Theia, and Vera Wang.
All I can say is that I’m jealous of all you Spring 2015 brides! I hope this roundup of trends helps steer you to finding your dream dress for the big day. As always, happy planning!