From intern Jess:
It all starts at a young age for every bride-to-be, usually with Disney. Girls fantasize about their own Prince Charming thanks to princesses like Cinderella and Snow White. They dream of the perfect proposal and perfect wedding day...darn you Disney! Many are led to disappointment as the background orchestra that perfectly accompanies said moments, manipulating your emotions, never sounds. Many of today's average brides lack the Hollywood budgets to pull off the weddings they have been planning on Pinterest. So let's live vicariously through these top 11 TV and movie weddings.
Posted by Cloud Nove Events - Monday, November 25, 2013
Our Top 11 TV and Movie Weddings
11. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry- With the legalization of same sex marriages, Hollywood moves to include such marriages in their repertoire. Hollywood decided to take the cliche Vegas wedding route. While the marriage between Larry and Chuck is really a hoax to ensure Chuck's children will be provided for should something happen to him in the line of duty; the marriage between Frank and Kevin just melts my heart. They seem so in love and I could just die of laughter from the circle speech. "A ring is like a circle, it goes on forever. It's not like a triangle, triangle have corners. It's like a circle."
10. Kim Kardashian- I am definitely not a Kim fan and I would rather not talk about her 72 day nuptials; however I have to hand it to the girl...I mean her planner pulled off one hell of a wedding. Forget the star-studded guest list, I am talking about the magic of this wedding. The quick turn-over of the ceremony space into the reception room. The glitz and glam of the black and white decor. The three Vera Wang wedding gowns! The crystal everything. Love
9. Courtney Mazza & Mario Lopez- Yet another start studded wedding however I love the multicultural aspect of these nuptials. The couple made a personal statement by hosting their wedding in Mexico and saying parts of their vows in Lopez's native language, Spanish. They made this a family affair by including their daughter in the bridal party. With many couples today saying "I do" with children by their side, this wedding represents the new norm.
8. Rachel Berry- Glee- Glee's almost courthouse wedding! We all know Rachel idolizes Barbara Streisand and that she is into the Old Hollywood type looks. It was no surprise that she showed up to marry Finn Hudson in a demure tea length gown with cap sleeves, reminiscent of an Audrey Hepburn look.
7. Buttercup & Westley- Princess Bride- “Mawwage. Mawwage is what bwings us together today." Another almost wedding, yet this is one of the most quoted wedding scenes of all time and the wedding isn't even between Buttercup and Westley?!? The couple endures various obstacles throughout the film and they show us what true love really is. Guys take note, please your lady with these three words, "As you wish".
6. Bella Swan- Twilight- Without a doubt the most romantic and beautiful wedding scene filmed to date. The fashion, the wooded ceremony space, the flowers, tablecloths, and lighting. This is a Hollywood wedding that many of us would like to emulate!
5. Bridesmaids- Let's be honest this has to be the most real wedding movie out there. This stuff happens all the time. There is always that one bridesmaid who hates the dress or the bridesmaid who tries to usurp the maid of honor... it happened in my own bridal party! Something almost always goes wrong, but the bride who can laugh about it will have the best memories and the best photos.
4. NeNe Leakes- This woman is hilarious! I actually want to be best friends with her, if she would have me. Pulling out all the stops NeNe hired Tony Conway to plan her over the top wedding in just three weeks! I would love to have been serenaded by an entire choir or wear three gowns on my big day. In keeping with today's trends to dress up ceilings, NeNe had 20,000 crystals hanging from the ceiling. Overboard? I think not.
3. Carrie Bradshaw-Sex in the City- This classic wedding scene has me crying every time. First, no one could pull off that Vivienne Westwood gown like Sarah Jessica Parker nor could anyone rock the blue bird she wore in her hair, topping off her couture look. 2. Hosting her wedding at NY Public Library is so iconically New York and beyond romantic. 3. Hands down best bridesmaids dresses...if she had asked, I would have been in her bridal party in a heartbeat.
2. Portia & Ellen- The complete opposite of a Hollywood wedding! These two wed in front of just 19 of their closest family and friends at their private home. The couple rocked differing wedding looks for their special day. Ellen sported all white linen pants and shirt while Portia donned a romantic full tulle halter-neck ballgown. As an advocator for equal rights I am glad to see them still going 9 years strong! Love is love, no matter what.
1. Kate Middleton- The Royal Wedding- This is the real life Cinderella wedding! A commoner snags the Prince and they lived happily ever after. Just look at the similarities; the carriage ride, the dress & veil, the church, the prince's attire...Jealous much?
Just these few words of advice from someone who has gone through the planning stages. Never forget what a wedding is all about. At the end of the day if you and your love are married then everything else is minor.
"Like a perfect scene from a movie screen, we're a dream come true, suited perfectly for eternity. Me and you." ~Kenny Chesney
at 6:54 AM