Throughout the weeks I have been adding some Disney love to our Cloud Nove Blog, so I think by now everyone has noticed my little obsession with Disney. So I thought “why not give our couples a top 5 things to do if you were to do a honeymoon in Disney” Now I choose the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, because I used to live in Orlando for 2 years and got to know a few ins and outs that I’m happy to share with you. Enjoy!
1) If your budget doesn’t allow you to take your honeymoon around the world, go visit Epcot. Especially during the food and wine festival that usually begins in late September and ends in early November. You get to go around trying different wines and foods from over 25 countries. It is a day you and your loved one will never forget and you can travel from France to China in just 10 minute walk. Expert Tip: When watching the Illuminations: Reflections of Earth firework display, sit in the Italy pavilion. Best view of the entire show.
2) If you want to experience the movies for your honeymoon try out Disney’s Hollywood Studios - where the movies come to life in great shows, restaurants, and rides. Expert Tip: If you want to ride Toy StoryMania, make sure you go there first and get a fast pass (Fast passes are passes that save your spot on line and give you a time slot to return to the ride, so you can enjoy the rest of the park.) Toy Story tends to be a 60 min+ wait and the fast passes go quick!
3) We all know Disney for its famous Cinderella castle and the Magic Kingdom Park. At Magic Kingdom you get to experience 5 magical areas of great entertainment and wonder. Magic Kingdom is also starting to expand its Fantasy land with even more excitement. Expert Tip: If you plan to stay all day and through the firework show, at the end of the night there will be long waits for the travel back to the parking lot. Take the monorail to t resorts. You have one stop to the Contemporary resort then the next one will be back to the parking lot.
4) Does an African Safari seem exotic and fun, but out of your budget? Go to the Kilimanjaro Safari Experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Here you get to travel the African Desert and see some beautiful landscape and animals like you would with the real deal. Expert Tip: Make this your first attraction of the day. The animals in the safari were just fed breakfast and are happy to be out and playing. You will see more animals this way as well because the Florida heat hasn’t hit its high yet and the animals don’t mind the morning sun.
5) Once you are done with a go at the parks, make your way to Downtown Disney for Dining, Entertainment and shopping! Expert Tip: If you want to dine at any of the restaurants on the west side of DowntownDisney, make sure it is before Cirque du Soleil La Nouba comes out. I made that mistake once waiting for a later time and boy did we wait. So get their early and enjoy more shopping afterwards.